Saturday, October 18, 2008

LEAGUE SUSPENDED

ALL,
before telling about the suspension of the senior league, let me remind you one important thing!

Two Clubs haven't registered anybody yet!! Lughnasa F and Dublin International have 0 (zero) players registered.
Let me stress one point. It is not only that I want a record of all players, but the IOHA insurance will cover only the registered players. Do not rely on last year registration as we have a seasonal membership, so last year membership is expired! If you are not registered for the season 2008/2009, you are not insured!! IOHA will not permit to any not-insured players to play in any IOHA competition. Most of you have access to the list of registered players on google documents.
Same apply to all junior players.

League suspension.
After the dark facts of the tri-nation (I wasn't there, I heard the two bells and only feeling I got is that it wasn't pleasant for anybody) the IOHA decided that players and all stakeolder must sign a code of conduct. Certain behaviours are not acceptable. IOHA understand that improvement must be achieved in many areas (such as refereeing/officials.) and will try to focus on these needs, but despite this, in a sport environment (expecially one with a small population like ours), unrespectful and violent behaviour is totally unjustified and not acceptable.
So, the board set up a working group which has the task to prepare the code of conduct that all IOHA members will be required to sign. Understanding that the league schedule preparation is full of limitations (hall availability and time) the working group will try to work on a resonable short timeframe and resume the league after Nov 8th.

9 comments:

Now when you have mentioned IOHA insurance, I have a few questions about that ...

Will IOHA refund me 5 hours I've lost in A&E Tallaght and 5 stitches I had to pay for last season when I got injured in St. Columbus playing IOHA league game?

If not, what kind of insurance we are talking here? I don't remember IOHA giving anything in return to hefty registration fees for senior teams in previous seasons.

"Insurance" here means, covering IOHA ass in case of legal problems after some serious incident that might happen during the game. This is not for players to be clear.

Second thing, IOHA is not for helping on brutality in the league, this is referees job. If they cannot handle it, you should focus on developing their skills, not wasting time on some silly document to sign.
Or maybe this will be another document to save IOHA ass?

Why are you doing everything from behind? Just face the truth for once!

Is there any good manager in Ireland that can fix this IOHA, before they totally collapse?
I’m not worry about IOHA here, but I’m worry about my favorite game.

PS Again Irish Team was playing shit, and what they doing to improve they skills, is complying about brutality in the game.
That's the spirit!

I don't even go to comment the second post as there is too much to say you might take it to next AGM if you wish. About the first one. All should keep in mind that IOHA has a personal accident insurace for all its members, but if you don't call the office and ask to proceed with the refund request from the insurance, how are they supposed to know? then realistically, 5 hours in the A&E and 50€ expensed...I really doubt any insurance will cover that! And I'm been there twice my self(broken nose vs DIT, and 5 stiches on my lips vs Lughnasa). No chance to see a penny, not even from VHI.

ah, one thing. what you call "IOHA covering its ass" I call it "covering my life" as when you knock at the IOHA door you find me and a few more. So, now you might understand why I want people to be insured. Sure, any rep of any team are responsible for that team as I am, so they should care about keeping their house and family safe as well and get you all insured. Get the message?

The problem is you're not getting my message...
I'm not against insurance. And i don't want brutality in the game either. I want strong league with many teams, with all players insured. Fun for trainers, players referees and supporters.
The problem is somewhere else, but your seem to doing everything to ovoid it. To emotional, resist for feedback. You right, to much to say right now... leave this up to you

I would like to have a masculine but fair league as well, with no brutality, but I don't think it is achievable in short time. To train referees and players will take years. Personally I think we can get more with a night out, or a major party, or a tournament with mixed teams. Anything to break down walls between teams. Also, from a sport point of view....Brutality comes when the body is late in the action and the player gets frustrated. Also the lack of oxigen and the adrenaline don't help a good judgement. So if players are not fit to play....they should not do it! I don't think the the current IOHA strategy will work (sign a code of conduct-meeting with refs) for the simple reason that any players know what is right and wrong when off the pitch, so refs know what is the best decision. But the in the heat of the match...instincts prevails and no code stands. To train instinct take time...lots of time.

This time i completely agree!

On the member registration form there is this declaration
" I agree to abide the rules and regulations of the IOHA and those of the above named club. I accept that my membership can be withdrawn, if I am found to be in breach of such rules."
What is the point to stop everything. You do not need to sign other piece of paper, when you sing the form, you sign for any rules within the IOHA. Is just a waste of time.

Nice one, will call it at the attention of whoever is working on the extra document. I expect to resume the league this week end anyway. Will communicate out as soon as possible

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home