Friday, May 13, 2011

Is Irish handball....Irish?

After sniffing around the IOHA pages (yes, once every a few months I do that to check what they are up to) I realized that the future of handball in Ireland doesn’t seems to be in Ireland at all.
A few weeks ago I published a post to thanks those people in Ireland that day after day are working to keep handball alive.
In one of my latest post someone pointed out how the main figures in the IOHA board showed a total lack of interest in Senior Handball.
What I found recently is a note on the IOHA facebookpage saying that for the first time the IOHA honorary membership was given to two people.
You can read more yourself at this link.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Irish-Olympic-Handball-Association/130456927021610#!/notes/irish-olympic-handball-association/irish-olympic-handball-association-confers-1st-honorary-membership/202945766412170
Let’s be clear that I do not want to discredit these two good and charitable people. Despite, I do believe that almost nobody in Ireland actually knows them? Have they done more than Olena, Conal, Robert, Andres, ……? Just to say, 4-5 of the most talented players in the national team came from Olena’s and Robert’s clubs. Both Robert and Olena were not invited to the AGM and pointed out as NON member. Hence my conclusions or doubts are: is the future of handball in Ireland…in Ireland at all?
I won’t go into details of what Olena, Robert, Andres, Conal have done for handball over the past 10-20 years, neither further comment on this matter. You can make up your mind and comment below if you wish.

1 comments:

Have you seen the new ridiculous web site they have now. What a useless association!!!

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home